After four years of Our Growing Edge, I have decided to close submissions. Thank you to all who have contributed close to a thousand entries for this online blogging event.
It’s been a blast following and connecting with you all.
Wishing you all many more food adventures.
[[ ARCHIVED ]]
We all have bucket lists. Whether they’re written down somewhere or kept in our heads and hearts.
Our Growing Edge is the part of us that is still learning and experimenting. It’s the part that you regularly grow and improve, be it from real passion or a conscious effort. This monthly event aims to connect and inspire us to try new things and to compile a monthly snapshot of what food bloggers are getting up to.
Who can join?
Our Growing Edge is open to anyone. It is not a competition and there are no prizes or winners, it is just a way to share new experiences. You do not have to commit every month, just when you have something to share. To enter, you must blog about achieving a food related challenge that you have meaning to do (or redo). It could be easy, like tasting a new food or difficult, like cooking a life long nemesis recipe. It could be building or growing something an edible garden, or successfully preserving food. As long as it is food related and new to you, you can share your newly learned knowledge with the group.
The Rules / Submission Guidelines
- Your post must contain the phrase Our Growing Edge and have the Our Growing Edge logo. Save the logo image and post it on your post.
- Example: This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by <host name> at <blog name>.
- Your entry must link to the host and to this page. If you are submitting an already published post, remember to update it with the phrase, logo and links.
- You can enter with any new food experience as long as it is new to you.
- You may submit up to two entries per month.
- Participants may be sent a reminder of new events. You can opt out at any time.
I hope some of you can join us!
- April 2017 hosted by Michelle from Kitchen Mess.
- March 2017 hosted by Susan and Mike from Simply Sundays. Theme: Family Favourites
- February 2017 hosted by Amanda from My Everyday Homemade. The theme is: aphrodisiacs.
- January 2017 hosted by Terri from Food Meanderings. Theme: Healthy Starts. See the highlights here.
- December 2016 is hosted by Rebecca from The Economic Foodie. Theme: Festive Feeds. See the highlights here.
- November 2016 is hosted by by Alicia from Alicia’s Bits n Bobs. See the highlights here.
- October 2016 is hosted by Annika from We Must Be Dreamers. Theme: Halloween. See the highlights here.
- September 2016 is hosted by Chrystal from The Smallwood Parsonage. Theme: Family Recipes. See the highlights here.
- August 2016 is hosted by Cheryl from BusinessChic. Theme: Work day eating. See the highlights here.
- July 2016 is hosted by Sophie from Cooking Trips. Theme: Travel. See the highlights here.
- June 2016 hosted by Susan and Mike from Simply Sundays. The them is TASTES OF SUMMER. See the highlights here.
- May 2016 hosted by Joana from My Gut Feeling. The theme is ALLERGY FRIENDLY RECIPES. See the highlights here.
- April 2016 hosted by Jordan from Vermilion Red. See the highlights here.
- March 2016 hosted by Mr Fitz from Cooking With Mr Fitz. See the highlights here.
- February 2016 hosted by Chinelo from Good Cake Day. See the highlights here.
- January 2016 hosted by Jess from Little Girl Story. See the highlights here.
- December 2015 hosted by Jazzmine from Dash of Jazz. See the highlights here.
- November 2015 hosted by Lauren from Sweet and Southern Lifestyle. See the highlights here and here.
- October 2015 by Kerene from The Dream Baker. See the highlights here.
- September 2015 by Hannah from Love The Little Bakery. See the highlights here.
- August 2015 by Caroline from Shrinking Single. See the highlights here.
- July 2015 by Pia from Joie de Vivre Cupcakes. See the highlights here.
- June 2015 by Maddie from Supper Lovin’. See the highlights here.
- May 2015 by Jordan and Cindy from My Daughter and I. See the highlights here.
- April 2015 by Nikki from Everyday Life Mother and Wife. See the highlights here.
- March 2015 by Cynthia from Eat Munch Love. See the highlights here.
- February 2015 by Kim from Love Live Life by Kim. See the highlights here.
- January 2015 by Francesca from Fearless Kitchen. See the highlights here.
- December 2014 by Christine and Kath from Garden Eats. See the highlights here.
- November 2014 by Linda from The Orange Bee. See the highlights here.
- October 2014 by Jules from The Kiwi Diaries. See the highlights here.
- September 2014 by Corina from Searching For Spice. See the highlights here.
- August 2014 by Lindsey from Sneaks and Sweets. See the highlights here.
- July 2014 by Ash from Organic Ash. See the highlights here.
- June 2014 by Phuong from My Kitchen of Love. See the highlights here.
- May 2014 by Eva from Kitchen Inspirations. See the highlights here.
- April 2014 by Dana from I’ve Got Cake. See the highlights here.
- March 2014 by Medha from Mimi’s Mommy blog. See the highlights here.
- February 2014 by Kindra from California Cavegirl Kindra. See the submissions here.
- January 2014 by Louise from Crumbs and Corkscrews. See the submissions here.
- December 2013 hosted by Leah from Sharing The Food We Love. See the highlights here.
- November 2013 hosted by Becky from My Utensil Crock. See the highlights here and here.
- October 2013 hosted by Alice from Nom Nom Cat. See the highlights here.
- September 2013 hosted by Marnelli from Sweets and Brains. See the highlights here.
- August 2013 hosted by Marija from Palachinka. See the highlights here.
- July 2013 hosted by Stacey from The Veggie Mama. See the highlights here.
- June 2013 hosted by Chandler from The Chef With The Red Shoes. See the highlights here.
- May 2013 hosted by Sonya from And More Food. See the highlights here.
- April 2013 hosted by Genie from Bunny Eats Design. See the highlights here.
- March 2013 hosted by Danielle from Keeping Up With The Holsbys. See the highlights here.
- January/February 2013 hosted by Genie from Bunny Eats Design. See the highlights here.
We are looking for hosts for 2016. It is wonderful having Our Growing Edge hosted on blogs all over the world. Hosts post a round up of highlights of the event on their own blog at the start of the following month. It is an exclusive post.
Want to host? Just fill out this form.
Genie, thanks for inviting me to link up. I’m loving this, and I will totally be joining in! I already have a post in mind.
That’s great to hear Kari! Looking forward to seeing it.
this sounds great! Thanks for the invite, I would love to join in!
Hi Genie! Thanks for the invite! I’m interested in participating in this, absolutely. When does it start/ has it already started?
Hi Maddie, this has started and submissions for the first event closes at the end of the month. Hope you can make it.
Thanks for the invite, Genie. What a lovely idea. Most of my forays into the kitchen are a challenge of one sort or another, so I’ve plenty to contribute!
P.S. I love your “eat fish and chips somewhere glorious” – I ate gluten-free fish and chips (for the first time in over 3 years) on the beach at Tenby (a seaside resort in Wales) last June. It was the first night of our holiday, the first time my son had played in the sand and the sun was shining. It was truly glorious. I hope you get to cross it off your list soon!
I’d love to cross it off my list too. While I had fish and chips not long ago, it was inside in a little fish and chips shop without the lovely vista I had in mind. I look forward to your contribution to the event!
Would you be open to us submitting an older post as a monthly entry?
Hi Tammy, just accepting January and February posts at this stage.
Thanks for the invitation – have submitted our blog about Foxtrot Parlour cafe!
Thank you for the invite! I will definitely join the event 🙂
Thanks, Genie! We’ll be happy to be joining in. (No bunny recipes. We promise.)
Thanks for the invite, Genie! What an honor! I’ve already linked up and edited my post to include the info about “Our Growing Edge”. So excited to see everybody else’s stories =)
Hi, sorry to only get back to you now, somehow did not see the comment you left to link up until now. Thanks for the invite!
Hi Genie, thanks so much for the invite. I’m a new food blogger and was really excited to see this invitation. Looking forward to it.
p.s. i love all the bunny pics…super cute!
Hello Geni, thanks for the invite. Wishing you a super week. BAM
It was only on this month’s re-read of the guidelines that I noticed this:
“This month is hosted by Tofu the rabbit at Bunnies Don’t Cook.”
HAHA. Too cute. :3
Teehee. I figured no one reads the small print 😉
Well done! I wish I had a prize to give you. Would you accept a zip lock bag of magical bunny fluff? Can be spun into the softest yarn or used as a temporary beard.
Magical bunny fluff?!?! I’ll take it!!! 😉
PS: Have you heard of cat bearding? Apparently it’s a new “thing”
Love cat bearding. There is dog bearding too. I wonder if bunny bearding is possible?
Thanks a bunch for the lovely invitation Genie, I will definitely join 🙂 And your bunny looks super cute!
Thanks Miu. Look forward to having you 🙂
Thank you for inviting me to this for last month–I had some issues that prevented me from participating, but I’ve got one all ready to go for July!
Thanks for inviting us to this event, We have made a loaf of bread and post just for it however it unfortunately it ended up blowing up our oven 😦 Oh well.
Posted for August! So excited to be part of this 🙂
Thanks for linking me in Genie !
Thanks for joining Georgi 🙂
Hi Genie! I’ve submitted a post for November! ( I hope I did it properly!)
Thank you for the invite. It’s a fantastic idea and fits with the type of things I like to do in the kitchen. I dont’ have an idea in mind yet for this month but I will have a think about it and hopefully come up with something.
Hi Corina, glad to have Searching for Spice on board!
This is awesome Genie! Thank you for the invitation. I would really like to be active again in food blogging, I’m just busy with some stuffs atm as I recently moved to Auckland..Oh, I hope to see you around. Cheers!
Welcome to Auckland! I hope you enjoy all our restaurants 🙂
OK , have been pondering this and am jumping in.
Thank you for the invite Genie! It sounds super interesting. Does that mean any kind of recipe post will be okay? I have already got one in mind and hopefully I can make it soon in this busy May 🙂
Hi Andre, yes as long as the recipe is new to you, it can be accepted to Our Growing Edge. Look forward to seeing it 🙂
Hi Genie, I just noticed it still says hosted by Sneaks and Sweets this month at the top of this page.
Thanks for letting me know Corina, I have updated this now.
Hi Genie! I just signed up to be a future host for Our Growing Edge. There are some very talented participants attending this party. Question, I’ve done these link ups before and just contributed by adding my recipe url through InLinkz . I’ve seen where it states you have to also link to the host for that particular party. Where do you do that? Sorry to be so dense.
I just figured it out. You put that link in the actual body of the post correct?
That’s right 🙂
I’m in for the first time! Love linkups – especially food related!
Here is my link: http://www.loveateverybite.com/dolci-desserts/quit-sugar-round-2-beginning-recipe-sugar-free-lamingtons/
Hi Giulia! Love it. I’ve always wanted to make lamingtons too. Crazy flavoured ones would be fun.
This sounds brilliant Genie! Thank you for inviting me to take part x
Thanks for the invite. We’re already looking forward to trying some new ideas
Hey Genie! Thanks so much for reaching out to me 🙂 I’ll def join in for this month! I’m excited to read about all the other foodies experiences as well. So glad you found my site! Great idea too.
Awesome idea. Thanks for creating that. I have added a link – hope that’s acceptable. It’s our creation for high tea at home with a few friends last year. 🙂
Thank you for the jnvitation Genie!!!❤ 😀
Love this idea. Just added my link. Thanks for invite Genie!!
What a great idea! Thanks for inviting me, I have added a link to my fruit cobbler.
Just missed the end of last month’s event but would love to jump in this month! Thinking I’ll attempt something I would normally only order out- maybe a curry or dumpling
Hey, I submitted to this month’s (July) theme! If you haven’t seen the link yet, here it is: https://thefinickycynicat.wordpress.com/2016/07/17/destination-nara-park-and-osaka-japan/
Thank you, and I look forward to submitting another one later this month. 🙂
Hi Genie, I’m just loving the sound of this blog linkup – I’ve already found some amazing inspiration for work lunches 🙂
I submitted my Yellow split pea falafels in pita for everyone to enjoy. See you soon x https://missfoodfairy.com/2016/08/19/yellow-split-pea-falafels-in-pita/
Thanks for the invitation! I hope I did everything right! 😀
Thanks so much for the invite, Genie. Such a great way for us foodies to share – I will definitely add a link to my mulled wine post.