We did a little shop the other day. The first shop in over 2 months meant that we got a few essentials. From these things I was able to pick out an easy soup to make.
Pretty standard, so maybe you already have these ingredients in your kitchen too.
Soup isn’t the kind of thing most of us make on a summer afternoon, but this will fill you up without making you feel heavy. Tasty enough to serve to company as a starter.
1 cup of frozen peas
half an onion
2 pieces of streaky bacon
Dash of cream
- In a pot, boil a litre of water.
- Peel and chop potatoes and add to pot.
- Slice onion and add to the pot.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Chop bacon into matchsticks and fry until done.
- Add frozen peas to the boiling pot and bring up to boil.
- Drain out most of the boiling water (leaving behind a small amount) and blend the potatoes, onion and peas.
- Add a dash of cream and a little salt – you don’t need much salt as the bacon is pretty tasty.
- Serve with bacon and lemon pepper as garnish.