I did my best to make this look pretty, but there’s no two ways about it, stewed fruit and melted chocolate looks horrible.
I made this recipe up based on what I had on hand. No reason why you can’t do the same. By all means, experiment! And eat the evidence.
Feijoa (pronounced fee-jo-ah) can be replaced with berries or stone fruit.
Feijoa Custard with Chocolate and Cointreau
1 tablespoon sugar
1 shot of Cointreau
12 chocolate buttons plus 4 extra for garnish
1 cup of custard (chilled)
- Cut feijoas in half and scoop fruit out and into a small sauce pan.
- Add sugar and Cointreau.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Stirring with a wooden spoon and breaking up the fruit as you go.
- When the fruit is all broken down and resembling baby food, drop in 12 chocolate buttons.
- Give the mixture gentle mix and divide into 2 ramekins.
- Top with custard and make a butterfly garnish on each dollop of custard using 2 extra chocolate buttons.