As much as I like fast food, homemade burgers with real beef patties you have formed yourselves are world apart.
Every time we make burgers (and it’s becoming quite a regular occurrence) we manage to find this and that in our fridge until the burger becomes a towering monstrosity. So this time, even though I thought we had virtually nothing, there was still cheese to be melted, an onion to be sliced and fresh rocket from the garden. Not a towering world wonder, but still mighty good.
With plenty of practice, I’ve perfected oven baked wedges. These are a perfect friend for your homemade burgers.
Oven Baked Spicy Wedges
3 large potatoes
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon chili seasoning* (Mild, try 2 tablespoons for medium)
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and then into quarters and then eighths. All lengthways. You know, like wedges.
- Place in a clean, airtight plastic bag.
- Add all the other ingredients, twist the top tight and give it a good shake.
- Arrange potatoes onto a lightly oiled oven proof dish or baking sheet. Stand every piece up so that the skin is the only thing touching the surface.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
* The chili seasoning I use lists it’s ingredients as: paprika, cayenne, cumin, salt, garlic, coves and marjoram.