Woot! It’s that time of year again here in the Southern Hemisphere. Spring runs from now until the end of November so those hearty winter stews make way for lighter, brighter things like salads and BBQ. Raw food is back on the menu. Seafood comes back in full force. Stuff in your garden and in other people’s gardens start to bloom again. You’re happier eating lighter food and you start eating it outdoors.
Here is my list of 10 spring inspired tasks to tend to my growing edge:
- Eat a flower
- Forage something and cook with it
- Make Vietnamese Spring Rolls
- Have a spring themed picnic
- Make a white sangria
- Visit a new farmers market
- Make macadamia and coriander pesto (using garden bounty).
- Make Oysters Kilpatrick
- Deal to a freshly caught fish
- Prepare a raw meal