The Honesty Box this week was a great assortment of warmer climate vegetables. I guess winter is well and truly over.
This menu reflects a warmer season, though I’m not quite ready to give up on soup yet! For those of you in the northern hemisphere, I hope you are starting to incorporate soups into your weekly meals, they’re a cheap and filling way to eat lots of vegetables and you’ll have a lunch or two of leftovers to deal with too.
We have almost finished our 20kg of Eketahuna Meats beef and with the last package of sausages, I’ve taken to removing the casing and breaking up the sausage meat to make quick meatballs. Great for soup and pizza.
The Honesty Box Menu 3
Items in bold are from The Honesty Box.
- Baby potato salad with smoked salmon, capers, boiled eggs, chopped broccoli and chopped herbs
- Meatball, barley and vege soup (celery, carrot, onion, potato) served garlic cheese plaited loaf
- Meatball pizzas with tomato base, mushrooms, black olives, onion, garlic and cheese. Served with a handful of fresh herbs
- Steamed mussels served with sesame dressed salad (lettuce, avocado, grated carrot, capsicum)
- Korean BBQ beef (bulgogi) with spicy garlic and chili eggplant served on rice
- Butter and herb mushrooms with home made cumin potato cakes (with onion) and poached eggs
- Chicken and pineapple burritos with shredded cheese, carrot, celery, onion and hot sauce. Served with kumara fries
- Brown sugar, cinnamon and butter grilled pineapple served with vanilla ice cream
- Porridge with brown sugar and sliced banana
Can I eat dinner at your house this week (question mark– my question mark button is apparently broken, just now.. great… no more inquisitions for me! Ohhh atleast my exclamation mark still works so I can be irate about it..) MAIL ME SOME! Grilled pineapple is the best on the planet.
Deal. I’ll come over for seal and you can come over for dinner any day you want 🙂
THIS – Butter and herb mushrooms with home made cumin potato cakes (with onion) and poached eggs. ZOMG.