Hey Aucklanders, do you like free food? In conjunction with review website Zomato.com, I’m giving away a $20 voucher to be used at Star Thai. To enter, fill in the entry form at the end of this post.
In celebration of Auckland Restaurant Month, I will be posting 31 quick-fire reviews on 31 restaurants and cafes in the Auckland CBD and city fringe.
The atmosphere is…
The glitzy Hollywood decorations could be over the top but thankfully they have kept the decorations to the walls only. The rest of the layout is understated and classy. The night we went, it was very quiet.
Come here for…
Delicious Thai curry. Mild and sweet which was perfect for our tastes, though I’m sure you can request “HOT” if you prefer.
The most interesting thing on the menu…
- BBQ duck
- Baeng Bped Yang (BBQ duck red curry)
I would come back to try…
- Larb Pla (chopped fish salad)
All diets. The vegetarian dishes are clearly marked. Gluten free available on request.
Expect to spend…
$25-$35 per person
The service is…
Good. Relaxed and attentive. Drinks orders taken several times, water and rice topped up.
You don’t like Thai food or curries.
Star Thai Restaurant
1/5 St Mary’s Bay Road, Ponsonby
Open every day except Monday
Terms and conditions
- 1 entry per person.
- This competition is open to Auckland residents only.
- The winner will receive a $20 voucher for Star Thai, 1/5 St Mary’s Bay Road, Ponsonby.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to redeem their prize.
- Prize may not be exchanged for cash and no change will be given.
- Entries close Thursday 14 August 2014. Winner will be drawn on Friday 15 August 2014 and contacted by email and announced here and on Facebook.