I have been using Instagram for 30 days now.
I started using Instagram to force myself to take more photographs using my phone. I hated my camera phone a month ago, now I feel more confident.
I thought I’d be an average 1 photo a week kind of girl, but one month later, it’s my count is closer to 30. Yikes!
Here’s what I’ve learned so far:
- Instagram is insanely addictive.
- Photos taken using the Instragram app suck. I use my phone’s camera, then save and post to Instagram.
- Hashtags and proper tagging gets you more exposure.
- You’ll probably want to download some cute emoji keyboard.
- You’ll start looking at your world from a square composition.
- There are a surprising number of boobs on Instagram. People seem to like boobs.
- You can share to Zomato or Facebook and another few social networking sites instantly or at a more suitable time.
- You can add location, hashtag and tag people after you’ve posted.
- Light is your friend.
Feel free to check out what I’ve been up to outside of this blog over at my Instagram account here.
My sister convinced me to join instagram a couple of months ago and like you was surprised by how bloody addictive it is! I’m still a complete photography novice so when I’m not playing around with my own shots I find myself trawling through the (mostly- minus the boobs) amazing photos of others for great inspiration!
Try using the Camera Awesome app, I actually prefer it to my iPhone App because it not only gives you exposure but also selective focus. I’ve been using my iPhone camera now almost exclusively for years, in fact, our last European holiday in 2012, I didn’t even bring the Rebel!
I love your snaps Genie 🙂
I seem to have missed all the boobs on instagram, I haven’t seen any… I feel as if I’m missing out, but at the same time kind of glad I haven’t seen them :p
I’ve had ig for a while, but I’m still getting used to making sure I hashtag things properly…
Hi Kahu! My friends aren’t posting boobs, but when I browse Instagram and it suggests images based on what I’ve liked or my friends have liked, I see a lot of selfies with cleavage. I have to wonder which of my friends are liking those….
Oh! No, I didn’t think your friends were posting boobs – I was just saying I’ve never seem them – sorry! 😅
No cleavage selfies either, I mainly get home decor and makeup
Pingback: Weekly Roundup | xox Bubbles
Haha I think the boobs depend on who you follow. I find that at times I get really into instagram and post every day then I go through periods when I forget I have it
Pingback: Weekly Roundup | xoxBubbles