We are obsessed with mushrooms at our house. I disliked mushrooms as a child but now I don’t go more than a couple of days without eating mushrooms. I love that mushrooms are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner and you can bet that I have eaten them at all times of day. In fact, I have distinctly awesome memories of eating mushrooms from The Burgerie on K Rd late, late at night (or is that early hours of the morning) after a night out. If you haven’t had those mushrooms before, they are dangerous morsels of delicious molten lava. You have been warned.
Four mushrooms or a handful is considered a good daily dose to reap all the benefits mushrooms offer. Mushrooms can be eaten raw or cooked, raw is healthier, cooked is tastier (in my opinion). It doesn’t take much time to prep mushrooms and even The Koala can rustle up some tasty mushrooms.
Thanks to Meadow Mushrooms I have a mushroom prize pack worth $25 to giveaway to one Auckland mushroom lover. Comp details at the bottom of this post.
I made these balsamic garlic mushrooms recently as a part of a platter. They can be served hot or cold making them perfect for grazing or feasting.
Balsamic garlic mushrooms
- 250 grams mushrooms, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil (or a knob of butter)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil (or butter) in a frying pan. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, stir through until mushrooms are well coated and remove from heat.
- Serve hot, or cool and refrigerate until required.
Also good on toast or with fried halloumi. OMG. Yes.
For more info on mushrooms and their nutritious, delicious ways and to find out how to win a luxurious weekend for two at The Sherwood in Queenstown, visit www.meadowsfoodfight.co.nz
To keep up with announcements including giveaways, make sure you follow me on Bloglovin’ or Facebook.
Terms and Conditions
- One entry per person
- Due to logistics, this competition is open to Aucklanders only.
- Prize may not be exchanged for cash.
- Entries close Tuesday 3 November 2015 and winner will be drawn Wednesday 4 2015, contacted by email and announced here and on Facebook.