Calling all cheese lovers!
The very best of New Zealand’s cheeses will be carefully judged and ranked for the New Zealand Champions of Cheese Awards in a few days. To celebrate the winners, this year sponsored by Countdown, the CheeseFest will be hosted at The Langham Auckland’s Great Room, from 5pm to 8.30pm on WEDNESDAY 2 MARCH 2016. Taste, admire and purchase NZ’s best cheeses to your hearts delight and enjoy a complimentary Crossroads wine or Epic beer on arrival. Tickets are $30 +bf and available online here. Door sales from 4.30pm on the day $35.
Thanks to the CheeseFest, I have a double pass to give away (worth $60). To enter, simply fill in the entry form at the bottom of this post.
There will be plenty of cheese samples and also cheese bargains to be found on their famous cheese sales tables. I attended my first CheeseFest last year and I was in awe of the cheese sales tables.
Check out my rundown of last year’s CheeseFest here.
Tips for CheeseFest:
- There are amazing specials on cheese. Clear your fridge and bring a chiller bag.
- It’s damn near impossible to hold onto a plate, wine glass, camera, phone and bags at the same time. Choose wisely. Pockets are good.
- Don’t be afraid to skip an exhibit and come back later if they’re super busy. Go with the ebb and flow. It’s OK to do several loops. In fact, I recommend it. You can even come back to your favourites to buy and take home.
- Chat to the cheesemakers. They might be a little shy but they are incredibly passionate and knowledgeable about their craft.
- Taste the winning cheeses. Compare the judges’ palate to your palate. Find out if you have good taste.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new (like chocolate-coated blue cheese). You might be surprised.
Links you might love:
Terms and conditions
- 1 entry per person.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to supply their email address within 24 hours of winning or the prize may be redrawn.
- Prize includes a double pass only valued $60. You and your guest must make your own way there.
- Event is all ages. Alcohol will not be served to minors.
- Prize may not be exchanged for cash.
- Entries close 5pm Monday 29 February 2016. Winner will be drawn after 5pm on Monday 29 February 2016. Winner will be contacted by email, announced here and on Facebook.
Competition is closed.