June edition of Our Growing Edge is hosted by Susan and Mike from Simply Sundays. The theme this month is “Tastes of Summer”.
Most of you will be enjoying warm weather, picnics, barbecues, salads, and al fresco dining late into the evenings. Summer produce is plentiful, affordable and delicious and maybe the produce is inspiring you to prepare more meals at home.
At the same time, here in the southern hemisphere this week marks the first week of winter, I’m torn between warming winter dishes and also eating lighter so that the waistline doesn’t run away from me. Adapting the taste of summer can be great for winter eating.
Some ideas you could try this month:
- Adapt a classic oven or stovetop recipe to be cooked on the barbecue
- Cook with strawberries, cherries, apricots or watermelon
- Make something with avocado, heirloom tomatoes, radishes or corn
- Invent a winning smoothie using summer produce
- Make a refreshing drink or adapt a classic summer cocktail
- Host a picnic potluck
To submit a post, click on the submission button below:
More info on the event can be found here.
Last month’s event
Joana from My Gut Feeling was the host for May’s edition of Our Growing Edge and below is a quick preview of are some of the entries we had for the month. The theme was ALLERGY FRIENDLY RECIPES. Check out her blog post about it here.
And Jordan from Vermilion Red has posted her round up of April’s event which you can new view here.