(scroll down for giveaway)
I once paid $2.55 for a single lime.
I was furious. *shakes fist*
That was summer. When limes are like gold. I would buy one lime at up to $35 per kilo and make every wedge count. Now that it’s winter, New Zealand limes are in season and around $5 per kilo – completely affordable. You can enjoy them as nature intended. And you should.
Another way I’m enjoying New Zealand limes this winter is with Long White Vodka Lemon & Lime. Light and refreshing, Long White Vodka is made using local ingredients, and it’s sweetened with apple juice so there’s no added table sugar. Ingredients are NZ sparkling water, triple distilled vodka, fruit juice and natural flavours. That’s it. SWEET. Plus these drinks have a beachy label design and sport a twist top (YAY!).
I was inspired by the Lemon & Lime flavour to create an easy recipe for sharing with friends this winter. Chicken wings are a favourite at our place and make an appearance regularly. They are cheap, simple to prepare and a crowd pleaser. A shared platter of wings is perfect shared with Long White Vodka.
This recipe can be prepped ahead of time and chucked in the oven the moment your friends arrive. Then, it’s just 30 minutes until glory – the perfect amount of time to relax with a drink before eating. Remember to set your timer and make sure you have plenty of napkins and a container for bones at hand. Forget about individual dishes and just dig in.
Easy lemon & lime chicken wings
Serves 2 for dinner or 4 for grazing
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons crushed chilli
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 kg free range chicken wings (see tip below)
- To serve: extra lime wedges, cucumber salad, tater tots and Long White Vodka Lemon & Lime
- In a large bowl, mix together half the chopped coriander and all the other ingredients. Combine well so the chicken is evenly coated. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or baking paper and arrange the wings in a single layer on the tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip wings and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving board or platter and scatter with the remaining coriander and extra wedges of lime. Enjoy with a cucumber salad, tater tots and Long White Vodka Lemon & Lime.
*Tip: The wings I buy are already separated into wingettes and drumettes (tips removed). If your wings are whole, you’ll want to cut them into thirds, removing the tips as they overcook too easily. 1 kg equates to 21-24 pieces.
Win with Long White Vodka
Thanks to Long White Vodka, I am giving away a 12 piece contemporary stoneware dinnerware set and a 16 piece gold toned cutlery set valued over $250 so you can entertain your friends at home with effortless chic.
To enter, simply complete the entry form below including a skill question (answer can be found here).
This competition is now closed. See who won here by visiting the winner announcement post here.
Bunny Eats Design Easy Entertaining Promotion
Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and gifts form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promotion is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter and any agency involved with this promotion, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.
- The promotion commences at 3pm on the 16 June 2016 and finishes at 11.59pm on the 28th July 2016 (‘Promotion Period’).
- To enter the promotion: Fill in the entry form in this post including a skill question.
- There is one prize to be won, consisting of a 12 piece Your Home and Garden Faro contemporary stoneware dinnerware set and a 16 piece Freedom Furniture Charm gold toned cutlery set valued over $250. The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at random from all eligible entries submitted. In the event that an ineligible entry is drawn or the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within 48 hours of the Prize draw, having made reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter may deem that winner’s entry invalid and select a new winner on the same terms as the original Prize draw.
- 1 entry per person.
- The prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
- In the event that the prize or any part of it becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion decide to provide an alternative prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- All decisions made by the Promoter its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the promotion (including any prize) at any time in its sole discretion.
- Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this competition will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems or human error. The time entries are deemed to be made will be the time the entry is received, not the time the entry is submitted by an entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs and likeness for promotional/advertising purposes, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose. The ensuing copyright will rest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the entrants.
- All competition entries become the property and copyright of the Promoter. By entering this promotion, entrants assign copyright in their entry to the Promoter.
- The winners acknowledge and agree that they will comply with all instructions given by employees of the Promoter and other agencies associated with this promotion, and agree not to do anything that may bring the Promoter into disrepute.
- The winners agree that as a condition of their participation in the prize, they may be required to execute a waiver and indemnity in the form provided by the Promoter.
- If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason, their prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected ; (d) any variation in the prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter collects and holds personal information provided by entrants for the purposes of this promotion and for future promotional purposes. Failure to provide requested personal information may disqualify a person from being able to receive a prize. All personal information provided by entrants will be held by the Promoter. Under the Privacy Act 1993, entrants have the right to access and correct any such personal information. Entrants may access and request correction of any of the details about them held by the Promoter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Promoter is Genie De Wit, Bunny Eats Design, bunnyeatsdesign.com