July edition of Our Growing Edge is hosted by Sophie at Cooking Trips. The theme this month is “Travel”.
I am lucky to have travelled to some delicious destinations and have collected precious food memories. For me, food is an important part of travel and I love exploring other cuisines while expanding my growing edge.
Some memorable meals include:
- Late night takoyaki made fresh to order out of a van in a deserted parking lot in Osaka, Japan
- Our first larb in Laos from this random restaurant in the middle of nowhere just on the border of Vietnam and Laos
- Killing and eating a snake at a snake restaurant in Hanoi, Vietnam
I have so many more food memories I want to collect but it’s nice to be able to travel to faraway places by recreating dishes at home.
I hope this month’s travel theme inspires you to cook something from your travels or something from a place you would like to travel to. Because there’s nothing quite like falling in love with places you’ve yet to visit.
Some ideas you could try this month:
- Cook something from memory from your travels
- Host a tropical themed potluck
- Cook something from a place you would love to visit
- Recreate a dish from your favourite ethnic eatery
- Try a new restaurant that serves food from your travels
- Make an exotic dessert
- Attend a cooking class based on the cuisine of a country you would like to visit
- Take a classic recipe and adapt it to reflect flavours from your travels
- Make a cocktail inspired by a holiday
To submit a post, click on the submission button below:
More info on the event can be found here.
Last month’s event
Susan and Mike from Simply Sundays were the hosts for June’s edition of Our Growing Edge. The theme was TASTES OF SUMMER.
Below is a preview of just some of the summery submissions. Check out the full round up on the Simply Sundays here.