The Food Show is coming back to Auckland from Thursday 28 to Sunday 31 July, from 10am to 6pm at ASB Showgrounds. A great place to sample new products, buy show specials and explore new food trends.
The ever popular Whirlpool Cooking Theatre will be showing 5 demonstrations each day with headlong NZ food personalities including Chelsea Winter, Josh Emett, Ray McVinnie, Sachie Nomura (Sachie’s Kitchen), Simon Gault, Megan May (Little Bird) and Kyle Street (Depot). Also for the first time, there will be demonstrations by food blogger Emma Galloway from My Darling Lemon Thyme. It’s so cool to see food bloggers at events like this. My Darling Lemon Thyme blog has been around for years, even longer than this blog. Emma and her family have been in living in Perth for 5 years but recently moved back to NZ meaning she can do cool stuff here like The Food Show. I count Emma as a blog role model so I look forward to seeing her demonstration. The full schedule for Whirlpool Cooking Theatre can be viewed online here.
This year, ATEED also presents MADE of AUCKLAND, a section sharing stories of Auckland’s food scene. This will include favourites such as Mahurangi Oysters, Huffman’s Crafty Sauces, Devonport Chocolates, Satya South Indian Restaurant. What an eclectic mix!
Whenever I visit The Food Show, I end up with a mag subscription, lots of cheese, wine and some adventurous items for dinner. There are plenty of tastings and lots of great show specials.
Tips for The Food Show:
- Avoid the queues and buy your ticket online
- Bring cash, including coins (parking is $10 and cash only)
- Bring an appetite
- Keep hydrated with a bottle of water
- Bring a sturdy bag and sensible shoes
- Leave your jacket in the car (it gets very warm inside)
- Bring a friend or go alone. This is not a place for large groups.
- Check out the timetable for Whirlpool Cooking Theatre and plan your day accordingly.
To find out more info including exhibitors and demonstrations and to buy tickets visit www.foodshow.co.nz
Double pass giveaway
Thanks to The Food Show I have a double pass to giveaway (value $56).
COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. Winner drawn over here.
Terms and conditions
- 1 entry per person.
- Prize includes entry for two to The Food Show Auckland at ASB Showgrounds. Value $56
- Double pass is valid for any public session of The Food show 29 – 31 July 2016. Not valid for 28 July preview day.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to redeem their prize.
- Entries close Sunday 17 July 2016. Winner will be drawn on Monday 18 July 2016. Winner will be contacted by email, announced here and on Facebook. Should the winner not be contactable within 48 hours, a new winner will be drawn.