Auckland Art Week is just around the corner (13-23 October) and there is time to have a squiz at all the events that are on to figure out which ones tickle your fancy. Some events that require a ticket but there are plenty of free events.
More info can be found at artweekauckland.co.nz.
Some things to see and do at Auckland Art Week:
- Basement Fest 2011. A whole lot of shenangins going on at Basement Theatre, including street art show The Dirty 13, Comedians including: Cori Gonzalez Macuer presents Cori Gonzalez Macuer, Burlesque show: In Flagrante and Regrooved Block Party. 28 September to 22 October @ Basement Theatre.
- Alessandra Zecchini and her daughter Arantxa Zecchini-Dowling will be making, baking and decorating as per their new book Party Food for Girls. 16 October @ Lopdell House Gallery.
- Artfeast. Mixing 2 of my favourite things. 18 October @ Whitespace.
- Hungry! Opening Night. 13 October @ Te Karanga Community Art Space.
- Alphabet City Open Studio. A must if you have any interest in letterpress, zines or bookmaking. 18 October @ Alphabet City.
- Pecha Kucha. Monthly talk. 20 new speakers, 20 slides, 20 seconds. 20 October @ Auckland Art Gallery.