I’m having fun writing a weekly menu and we generally stick to the plan. I admit I may be a bit ambitious when writing it. I also don’t think it helps to write a meal plan on an empty stomach!
I came home with a few yummy things from The Food Show including 2kg of Southland Queen Scallops and 4 kinds of cheese! Still, this week, our pantry reserves are getting low and we haven’t been to the supermarket in a while so we’ll have to pick up a few things.
This week our CSA box included:
- Newstead Gold Apples
- Gold Kiwifruit
- Winter Nelis Pears
…and a loaf of ciabatta.
Meal Plan Week 5
- Cauliflower*and potato* soup topped with with bacon and sour cream. Served with ciabatta* garlic* toast
- Individual cottage pies with carrots*, peas and mushrooms*, topped with cheesy golden mash
- Queen scallops and spinach* pasta, tossed with butter and served with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and a lemon* wedge
- Cheese fondue with ciabatta*, baguette, carrot, broccoli and tortellini
- Chocolate fondue with apple*, kiwifruit*, pear*, mandarin, banana and marshmallows
- Pizza with pepperoni, mushroom*, spinach*, black olives, and capers
- Roast pork with apple and garlic* served with carrots*broccoli and mashed celeriac
- Poached pear* with Hakanoa Ginger Syrup, red wine, cinnamon, cloves, lemon*, and vanilla bean
- Buttery mushrooms* with poached eggs on toast
- Orzo with smoked chicken, caramalised carrots* and black olives