This the first week of our Foodbox deliveries. If I didn’t plan out a menu, we wouldn’t have a hope of finishing all the produce.
I have decided to receive a Foodbox once a fortnight instead of once a week.
I rediscovered a jar of laksa paste in our fridge so features heavily on this week’s menu. I got personal with the paste and a free range chicken at the start of the week and a spatchcock chicken led to dinner for two and 2 lunches.
Foodbox Menu 1
Items in bold are from our Foodbox.
- Hash brown, garlic butter mushrooms, free range bacon and fried egg. (pictured)
- Scrambled eggs with parmesan and onion on Vogels toast.
- Avocado and parmesan on Vogels toast.
- Chicken salad with lettuce, tomato, boiled eggs, broccoli florets, dressing.
- Roast chicken sandwiches: lettuce, edam, mayo, mustard, pickles, tomato.
- Spatchcock chicken, smeared with laksa paste, roasted with potatoes, kumara, courgettes, onions, carrots and garlic
- Laksa with fat noodles, prawns, lime, mushrooms, broccoli and onions.
- Pan fried salmon with butter lime sauce. Served with sweet corn, courgette and millet.
- Courgette pasta with free range bacon and broccoli topped with cheesey breadcrumbs.
- Spicy chicken burritos with lettuce, onion*, cheese, sour cream, guacamole.
- Mince and cheese pies with chopped salad: lettuce, tomato, sweetcorn, onions.
For a full list of our Foodbox contents, please see my previous post.