This winter, I’m testing out a few CSA and produce delivery companies in Auckland. Currently our delivery is from Naturally Organic. Naturally Organic is a market based in Albany, Auckland and you can view the contents of the box on my post here.
A brief menu this week. Plenty of leftovers for lunch though.
Naturally Organic Menu 1
Items in bold are from our Naturally Organic box.
- Spiced pumpkin soup with garlic toast
- Orange roast chicken with beetroot, pumpkin and carrot
- Chili bean chicken with kale yellow rice
- Minted lamb chops with sauteed kale, mushrooms and The Koalas fried potato
- Cheesy kale and mushroom macaroni with breadcrumb and parmesan topping
- Grilled pork chops with caramalised pear, sauteed cabbage and potato mash.
- Beef and bean nachos with cheese
- Maple French toast with banana and bacon
- Porridge with banana
Hong Kong style breakfast: macaroni soup with ham, fried egg and sliced cabbage.
- Chinese tea egg salad with spring onion, sesame, bean sprouts, red cabbage, grated carrot and orange (pictured)
- Ham sandwich with cheese, red cabbage, bean sprouts and pickle
- Prawn, red cabbage, carrot and spring onion rice paper rolls
- Dessert pancakes with banana, chocolate and berry sauce
This Chinese tea egg salad is just a variation on a boiled egg salad. Tea eggs taste amazing and are very easy to make. A great way to get out of a boiled egg rut. Check out my recipe for Chinese tea eggs here.
Chinese Tea Egg Salad
1 Chinese tea egg (recipe here)
A handful or so each of colourful vegetables of your choosing (cabbage, carrot, bean sprouds, beetroot, celery, spring onion, red onion, radish)
1/2 an orange
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Chop, slice or grate vegetables and arrange in layers on a plate.
- Peel and quarter the chinese tea egg and lay on top.
- Squeeze orange over the top and serve with orange slices.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.