Thanks to Sealord, I’ve got a summer prize pack to give away. The pack includes a Sealord chilly bag, a stainless steel lunch box, a picnic blanket and Sealord’s Manuka Hot Smoked Salmon vouchers. To enter, fill in the form at the bottom of the giveaway post here.
Sealord recently won the Supreme Award at the New Zealand Food Awards for their Manuka Hot Smoked Salmon. The flavours in their Manuka Hot Smoked Salmon range: Natural, Peri Peri (bird’s eye chili) and Tuscan.
I was strolling past Baker’s Delight the other day when I spied some doughy pizza bases. Do you ever see something so soft and pillowy that you simply have to poke your finger into it? That was me.
Sorry Baker’s Delight. If it’s any consolation, I bought the product I prodded. I wonder how many other people walk past Baker’s Delight and poke a finger into their dough? It’s not a health and safety issue, their products are bagged, I’m not actually poking holes through bags. It’s a little like feeling up avocados before you buy. Don’t tell me I’m the only one who does that?
A quick check with The Koala if he would like pizza for lunch (The Koala will never turn pizza) and the deal was sealed. These bases are lovely. Nicer than I can make myself. If only I could make bases this lovely, I’d be poking dough in the privacy of my own home.
Sealord Manuka Hot Smoked Salmon Tuscan is a blend of thyme, rosemary and a hint of garlic. It was begging to be made into a pizza. We enjoyed this for lunch served with a couple of beers and a healthy dose of sunshine. This recipe was given thumbs up both me and The Koala. If Tuscan flavour is not available, feel free to use any herb flavoured smoked salmon or natural smoked salmon.
As much as I love cheese, I don’t like how it hides pizza ingredients, so I lay down half of the cheese, followed by the other ingredients and then the rest of the cheese on top. If you prefer, you can put all the cheese on top (or all the cheese underneath). Using less cheese isn’t really an option. OK?
Tuscan Hot Smoked Salmon and Sundried Tomato Pizza
Serves 2 for lunch or a hungry hippo for dinner
- 1 regular pizza base
- 80 grams (about 3 oz) hot smoked salmon – Tuscan or herb flavour
- 4 sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato chutney
- 1 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- A pinch of oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the pizza base on a baking tray.
- Spoon the tomato chutney and mayonnaise to the base, and mix them together and spreading evenly across the surface.
- Top with onion and half the cheese. Flake the smoked salmon and add to pizza along with the olives, capers and sundried tomatoes. Top with the rest of the cheese and oregano.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and pizza base is cooked.
- Dot the sour cream about a onto the pizza and add freshly ground black pepper. Cut into 6 slices and serve with napkins, a beer or a dry white.
To get a taste of Sealord’s Tuscan Hot Smoked Salmon for yourself, don’t forget to enter my giveaway here.