OoooOOhhhh yes! Another giveaway! Such is the festive season. I love giving stuff away, don’t you?
Thanks to Auckland Seafood Festival, I’ve got a double pass to give away to next year’s festival in late January. To enter, fill in the form at the bottom of this post, including a skill question.
I’ve been to Auckland Seafood Festival many times and if you love seafood, it’s a great day out. It’s kid-friendly and adult-friendly and a great way to try lots of different seafood in quick succession.
You can expect to find:
- sea cucumber
- turbo shells
- prawns and prawn killers
- kina (sea urchin)
Some of these seafoods are uncommon so this a great chance to tick them off your foodie bucket list. If you’re a blogger and you eat some weirdo things, please share them with Our Growing Edge!
Pro tip: don’t attempt raw kina on a hangover. I did it once, not my finest moment. Who knew that raw/live sea urchins isn’t an ideal breakfast food on a queasy stomach?
The music is always spectacular and the weather and location spot on. Since it is on Auckland Anniversary weekend and you get an extra long weekend, you may as well spend it on seafood gluttony.
For event information including tickets, please visit the Auckland Seafood Festival website here.
ASB Auckland Seafood Festival
Saturday 24, Sunday 25 and Monday 26 January 2015
Halsey Wharf, Wynyard Quarter
Here is a collection of photos I’ve taken from previous events…
Terms and conditions
- 1 entry per person.
- This competition is open to New Zealand residents only.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to redeem their prize (in Auckland).
- Prize is entry tickets only. Food, booze, flights, travel or accommodation expenses will not be provided. You make your own way there.
- Pass is valid for any of the 3 days of the festival: Saturday 24, Sunday 25 or Monday 26 January 2015.
- Prize may not be exchanged for cash.
- Entries close Wednesday 17 December 2014. Winner will be drawn on Thursday 18 December. Winner will be contacted by email, announced here and on Facebook.
This competition is now closed.