If you follow my Instagram account, you’ll probably know that today was the preview day for The Food Show. My sister and I grazed our way through more exhibits than I can count. I’m not sure if we even visited a quarter of what was on offer. The Food Show is HUGE. I could go back every day and find new things to sample.
My highlights were:
- Mahurangi oysters, fat and freshly shucked, 4 for $10. Perfection.
- Taste magazine 12 month subscription for $29 (includes a free magazine and a wheel spin prize).
- West Coast Cocoa. Gorgeous stand, delicious samples.
- Meyer cheese. 4 for $20. A steal.
- The Pie Piper. Adorable. Delicious.
- Black Stag Deli’s pendulum BBQ. Cool factor and their Mega Dog was the best.
Tips for The Food Show:
- Avoid the queues and buy your ticket online
- Bring cash, including coins (parking is $8)
- Bring an appetite
- Keep hydrated with a bottle of water
- Bring a sturdy bag and sensible shoes
- Leave your jacket in the car (it gets warm inside)
- Check out the timetable for Whirlpool Cooking Theatre
From a design point of view, some of the exhibits were gorgeous. I loved seeing the effort put into the stands and don’t even get me started on the packaging design. The Food Show is food and beverage packaging design heaven.
I tasted some amazing things today but also some that didn’t agree with me. Being adventurous and trying things is what The Food Show is all about. So venture forth. Be brave. Eat your heart out.
The Food Show is on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. More information including ticket sales can be found here.
I couldn’t make it to The Food Show this year but am currently living through your post. It looks so delicious and you captured it all so beautifully!
Ps. Where did you get that board from in your last photo?!
Thanks Ari. The lightbox is from Kmart. It’s a steal for the price, I’m sure you’ll start seeing them on lots of blogs 😉 My sister and I snuck off to Kmart after The Food Show. Full day of bargains.
I’m going there tomorrow! Can’t wait! Thanks for the tips!!
Have fun today!
BEAUTIFUL photos!! I wonder if we crossed paths. Also omg, that cocoa was divine. x
It was so big and overwhelming. We could have crossed paths but we could have equally been far away from each other the whole time. I wish I bought that West Coast Cocoa now, but at the time I didn’t know what flavour to pick. Sometimes that can be a real issue!
Woohoo thanks for the sneak peak Genie! I’m going on Saturday and I know it’s going to be mental… So this post helped me think a little bit more about how I’m going to go about it! Love all the pics and I want your haul haha.
The coffee syrups look amazing. It is indeed design heaven *o*