Happy Friday guys!
Just a quickie recipe for a Friday when you can’t really be bothered cooking but don’t feel like takeaways either. Read on for punchy flavour, minimal fuss. This recipe is super easy and uses Jenny’s Tamarind Chutney, a locally made product with a loyal following. With a tangy sweet flavour and plenty of spice, this chutney elevates the simplest dishes.
I tried Jenny’s Tamarind Chutney a few years ago at a food festival and it’s one of those products that keeps popping up in food magazines. My friends and family RAVE about this chutney so I’m not surprised it’s currently in the running for Bite’s People’s Choice Awards. Make sure you vote before 25 September because every vote goes into the draw to win $250 to spend at The Sugar Club. Enter your vote here.
It’s weird to think that 6 years ago when I started this blog, I hated blue cheese. As in, “Ewww gross, get that stuff away from me”. In that short space of time, my palate has changed and developed and now I love blue cheese. I buy and eat it frequently and I absolutely adore it with Jenny’s Tamarind Chutney.
Jenny’s Tamarind Chutney pizza with blue cheese
- 1 pizza base
- 3 tablespoons Jenny’s Tamarind Chutney
- 1/2 a yellow or red capsicum, diced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 100 grams blue cheese, broken into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar-style cheese
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Using a spoon, spread Jenny’s Tamarind Chutney evenly on the base of the pizza, making sure to get close to the edges.
- Top with capsicum, red onion, cheeses and fresh thyme.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200°C.
The chutney in this post was supplied by Jenny’s Kitchen though all thoughts and opinions are my own.