Many of us will begin the year with a food-related resolution. Whatever form your new years resolutions take, there’s no doubt that it can be tricky to start afresh after the decadence of the holiday season. A new year, a new month means a new edition of Our Growing Edge. This blog link up encourages us to try new things in the kitchen, in our bellies and in our every day lives.
While I’m not a fan of extreme diets, incorporating whole foods into my diet is absolutely something I can get on board. Fresh produce, fresh fruit, fresh meat and fresh seafood can be super inspiring when it comes to eating well.
January 2017 hosted by Terri from Food Meanderings and the theme is HEALTHY STARTS.
Hopefully this link up with encourage us to think of healthy, delicious recipes and hold us accountable this month. I look forward to seeing all the delicious ways you start 2017 with.
If you are creating any healthy dishes month, share it with Our Growing Edge.
Some ideas you could try this month:
- Experiment with a superfood or functional food (turmeric, ginger, manuka honey, apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, kefir, probiotics)
- Cultivate a healthy food habit
- Get better at eating a good breakfast
- Create a smoothie using seasonal ingredients
- Try meal prepping
- Invent a healthy snack
- Create a vegetable-filled salad or soup
- Adapt a favourite recipe to include more vegetables
To submit a post, click on the submission button below:
More info on the event can be found here.
Last month’s event
Below is a preview of just some of the FESTIVE FEEDS submissions.