I thought I would do a separate post for the meal I enjoyed with ten other bloggers at The Paddington, Parnell. There were 9 dishes (10 if you include the fries) and I ate every single one of them.
I started with a glass of Rabbit Ranch (of course) pinot noir and stuck with the reds for the evening. Even though it was pretty much an open bar, everyone was on their best behavior. It was a school night afterall.
From The Paddington’s Finger Food Menu
- Hoegaarden cured salmon in cucumber ribbons
- Confit vine tomato bruschetta
From The Paddington’s Appetisers Menu
- Homemade mushroom wontons with chili dipping sauce
- Honey soy beef skewers with a chili lime dressing
The Paddington’s Signature Dishes
- Mini portions of Seafood chowder
- Caesar salad to share with options, chicken and calamari to taste
From The Paddington’s Mains Menu
- Slice of Pizza: Salami chicken and caramelised red onion with bbq sauce
- Sliders: Pork Belly Burger with Japanese mayonnaise slaw and fries
From The Paddington’s Functions Menu
- Guinness & Baileys Cheesecake
Least favourite were the salmon, I expected more oomph, and the beef skewers which I found chewy.
If you know me, you’ll know that I have a weak spot for seafood and pork belly and I will always order one or the other.
Therefore, I’m not surprised that my favourite dishes were:
- Seafood chowder – Creamy and full of seafood, the flavour was delicate and just right. Usually served in a hollowed out cob loaf, making this a substantial soup meal.
- Pork Belly Burger – with sour apple slice, slaw with Japanese mayo, this is usually served on a fragrant sesame pide.
Special mention to their thick cut fries and Paddy the Chef’s specialty, Guinness & Baileys Cheesecake (of course).
Everything looks so delicious … I’m feeling very hungry right now!
So much amazing looking food porn! Love it all, but that seafood chowder in the cob loaf stole my heart!
And mine 🙂
OMG not the best of ideas to read this on an empty stomach!
But now I have an urge to go home, raid the supermarket and cook!
That’s some damn sexy looking food my friend. I’m getting hungry (defo the down side of following food blogs)
I love Japanese mayo in ‘slaw, it’s the only store bought mayo I’ll use… must be all of that delicious MSG… 🙂
oh my gosh so hungry for that pork belly burger mmmm 😀 The seafood chowder in a cob loaf looks cute.
Those were my two favourite. My dilemma would only picking one.
Amazing photography – that food looks really good!
Ooooh! That all looks amazing!!!! Mmmph