We are getting this The Honesty Box delivered every week now.
For $39.40 including delivery to Auckland central, our F&V small is 8kg (sometimes 10kg) of fresh fruit and vegetables. Shared between The Koala and I, this needs careful planning to eat everything before the next box arrives.
I’ve been testing out gluten-free recipes and I think avoiding processed food is good practice regardless of my health concerns. I’m seeing an Endocrinologist (for the first time) today and hopefully there will be time to discuss diet and Graves Disease with him. I’m fairly adamant at this stage I want to try medication and diet only before than permanent options like surgery or radiation. If possible, I’d like to stay away from radiation.
It’s starting to get cooler but since we’re still receiving salad ingredients, we shall eat salad this week.
Here’s a guide to what we’re eating this week:
- Avocado and tomato on toast
- Banana and peanut butter smoothie
- Cumin hash brown with a fried egg and grilled tomatoes
- Fruit and vege juice and soft boiled eggs
- Rice noodle soup with pork mince, shiitake and a fried egg
- Cauliflower gratin with garden salad
- Roast lamb and roast vegetable quinoa salad with Italian tomatoes
- Fig and gorgonzola gluten-free pizza with maple syrup and fresh thyme
- Millet salad with tomatoes, olives, sunflower seeds, cheese, pickles, red onion and fresh herbs.
- Potato salad with boiled eggs, spring onion and mustard mayo
- Laksa with prawn balls, bok choy, spring onion, carrot, peppers and thick rice noodles
- Parmesan and yogurt baked chicken with roasted garam masala cauliflower on a creamy mash.
- Gluten-free pizza with chicken, tomato, black olive, red onion, herb, garlic and cheese. Herb and parmesan baked into crust. Served with kumara wedges and bbq yogurt dipping sauce
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato Soup with gluten-free cheese scones
- Garlic Rosemary Lamb leg roast with root vegetables, mint sauce and red wine gravy
What are you cooking up this week?
Do you make meal plans? If so, do you make them before or after shopping?