I apologise for the rushed photos this week but as it gets closer to winter, the time between when I arrive home to sunset gets smaller and smaller. Soon there will be no more photos to accompany these posts because I can’t bear to use flash.
This week, The Honesty Box delivered:
- 20 mushrooms
- A bag of baby spinach
- 1 avocado
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 broccoli
- 2 capsicums
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 onions (red and white)
- 1 spring onion
- A bag of herbs (rosemary and basil)
- 2 pears
- 4 apples
- 6 bananas
- 6 mandarins
Here’s a guide to what we’re eating this week:
- Omelette with parmesan, basil and tomato
- Banana smoothie with peanut butter and chia
- Lemon sugar pancakes
- Buttery mushrooms with scrambled eggs and grilled tomato and toast
- Chinese tea eggs
- Kimchi fried rice with egg, tomato, garlic and spring onion
- Chicken wrap with baby spinach, avocado and lemon yogurt sauce
- Quinoa salad with roasted carrot, broccoli and toasted sunflower seeds
- Cheese and tomato toastie
- Millet with bacon, garlic, parmesan, basil and roasted tomato
- Pasta with bacon, fresh basil, garlic, parmesan and roast tomatoes.
- Seafood stew with potato, tomato and onion
- Baked fish with soy, ginger, garlic and spring onion with steamed broccoli and rice
- Loaded potato wedges with sour cream, salsa, basil and cheese
- Rosemary rubbed steak, quinoa and herb stuffed capsicum, broccoli and cheese sauce
I know what you mean Genie, that time of year really sucks. In our studio, we had a little cube (about 80cmX80cmX 80cm) made out of translucent white fabric that you could shine a light on the exterior and it would replicate daylight without harsh shadows. It also was collapsible!
I know the feeling of the lesser sun rays of winter and not using flash! Poor you. We’re going into summer so I’m grateful for that. Though mind you, today has been grey, cold and miserable.
On my camera you need to pup the flash up (like in the vintage ones) and rest assured I’ve never done it 😉
Very nice box, everything looks like it will be put into good use. xx
That seafood stew looks seriously delicious and I love the way you styled the shot. I’m looking at getting a collapsable light box as this winter light is not a friend of anybody. Will Tofu be benefiting from the Honesty Box delivery?
I’m thinking about the light box but I wonder how big it will be?
Tofu is having an inside day today due to the rain. When he is inside for the day, he benefits from fresh produce as he cannot graze on the free grass and weeds outside. On today’s bunny menu is pellets, baby spinach and fresh hay.
Your menu plan sounds SO GOOD to me; can I come over, esp. when you make steak? 🙂
your commitment to avoiding the flash is admirable – i’m beginning to feel the same way about my own photos. these boxes look delicious though – i’m glad we got to see what’s inside 🙂
Hi Jen! In case you haven’t noticed, I am a bit of a food voyeur. I love to share my photos and I also love looking at other people’s food photos. Glad you enjoyed peering into the box.
That box looks amazing! We used to get deliveries but there wasn’t as much variety so I gave it up 😦 jealous!
I’m always pleasantly surprised by the variety. More variety than I would have bought if I went shopping for myself.