Hi, I’m Genie and I am a cheese addict. Our fridge is always stocked with cheese. Like, a SELECTION of cheese.
I always have a block of cheese open but the thing that annoys me is how the packaging is rendered useless after opening. When I wrap the packaging back on, the cheese is exposed like a cutout dress. Not cool. Blocks of cheese are designed to be used over time so I was delighted to see that Dairyworks has come up with re-sealable packaging for their convenience range of cheeses.
At the NZ Champions of Cheese Awards a few months ago, Dairyworks won four category awards for their innovative cheese packaging. The Dairyworks range comes with recloseable packaging, a homey wood design and windows so the consumer can eat with their eyes.
I really like the new grated cheese mixes 3 CH3EEZE and SMOKEY JOE which appeal to the glutton in me. Can’t decide on which cheese to buy? Well these packs are a blend of 3 cheeses each! The 3 CH3EEZE is a mix of colby, mozzarella and parmesan, while the SMOKEY JOE is a smokey mix of parmesan, colby and cheddar. Their convenience range includes 250gram blocks (smaller and fresher), natural grated, mini and regular slices, rice cracker and cheese snack packs, and cubed.
5 ingredient recipes
I got to try a range of Dairyworks cheeses which I’ve compiled into some easy meal ideas.
If I see a recipe with a lot of ingredients I don’t already have, I move on. Recipes with lots of ingredients aren’t practical for everyday use and it can be hard keeping everything in stock. It makes life that little bit easier if you already have ingredients for a recipe or only need to pick up 1 or 2 items to make a meal.
That’s why I have come up with 5 recipes that use just 5 ingredients each (not counting salt, pepper or oil which you should already have). Each recipe serves one or two but can easily be multiplied to make more.
Smokey Joe and Courgette fritters
Featuring Dairyworks Smokey Joe
Makes 8 fritters
- 3 courgettes, grated
- 1 cup Dairyworks Smokey Joe, grated
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Place the grated courgette in a colander over a bowl or sink and sprinkle with salt. Stand for 10 minutes and then squeeze out as much liquid from the courgette as possible.
- Transfer courgette to a large bowl and add the cheese, onion, flour, egg, salt and pepper stirring until the mixture is combined.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a little oil. Once oil is hot, add a heaped tablespoon of the mixture to a quarter of the pan, gently pressing into fritters, make 4 fritters at a time, careful not to overcrowd. Fry for 5 minutes per side and transfer cooked fritters to a serving platter.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce or sour cream.
Featuring Dairyworks Tasty slices
Makes 2 burgers
- 2 beef patties
- 2 slices Dairyworks tasty
- 2 dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup kimchi, finely chopped
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the beef patties for 2 minutes, flip and cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Place a slice of cheese on each, cover with lid for 30 seconds until cheese is softened.
- While the patties are cooking, cut dinner rolls in half, smear top half with mayonnaise and mound the chopped kimchi on the bottom half.
- Carefully add cooked patties on top of the kimchi and cover with top half of roll.
- Serve immediately.
Pancetta and parmesan pasta
Featuring Dairyworks Parmesan
- 200 grams dried spaghetti
- 1 onion, diced
- 100 grams pancetta, diced
- 1 cup peas, thawed in water, drained and reserved
- 1/2 cup Dairyworks parmesan, grated
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions to al dente.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat a little oil in a large frying pan, add diced onion and fry for 2 minutes. Add pancetta and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through thawed peas, add cooked spaghetti and combine using tongs. Slowly add grated parmesan, tossing until well combined.
- Season with fresh black pepper to taste (salt is not required). Serve immediately.
Grilled cheese sandwiches with spicy tamarind chutney
Featuring Dairyworks Edam and Dairyworks Mozzarella
Makes 1 sandwich
- 2 slices of your favourite bread
- Hot tamarind chutney
- 2 slices of Dairyworks Mozzarella
- 1 slice Dairyworks Edam
- Butter both sides of the the bread. Heat a frying pan to medium heat.
- Add 1 slice of bread, spread with a layer of chutney, top with mozzarella and slice of edam. Top with second slice bread.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side until bread is crispy golden and cheese is melted.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.
Cheese, tomato and herb omelette
Featuring Dairyworks 3 CH3EEZE (a mix of colby, mozzarella and parmesan)
Makes 1 omelette
- 2 large free range eggs
- A dash of milk
- 1/2 cup Dairyworks 3 CH3EEZE, grated
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of fresh herbs, chopped
- Heat a little oil in a 20cm frying pan on medium heat. Beat eggs with milk and add to the pan. Cover with lid and cook for 3 minutes until the egg is almost set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and carefully flip the omelette over, reduce heat and cook uncovered for a further 3 minutes.
- Carefully turn omelette onto a dinner plate so that the cheesy side of the omelette is facing up.
- Place cherry tomato halves on top, sprinkle with coriander and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
I hope these recipes inspire you to look for the Dairyworks convenience cheese range at your supermarket and try them out yourself.
What’s your favourite easy cheese recipe? Please comment below!
Are you a cheese lover? I’ve teamed up with the Dairyworks to give away a Lodge 26cm cast iron skillet and a cheese grater in celebration of their new convenience range. Simply complete the entry form below to be in to win.
Terms and conditions
- 1 entry per person.
- New Zealand delivery only.
- Prize includes a Lodge 26cm cast iron skillet and a cheese grater. Total value $100NZ
- Prize may differ slightly from picture.
- Entries close Tuesday 31 May 2016. Winner will be drawn on Wednesday 1 June 2016. Winner will be contacted by email, announced here and on Facebook. Should the winner not be contactable within 48 hours, a new winner will be drawn.
This competition is closed.