This post was made possible thanks to the folks at Lisa’s and Abe’s Bagels, who know a thing or two about quick and easy meals. Scroll to the bottom of this post to enter a delicious giveaway featuring both brands.
This post is for everyone who enjoys a good mezze platter.
Traditionally served at the beginning of a meal – according to Wiki, mezze comes from the Persian word mazze meaning taste or snack – and as much social ritual as a meal. Grazing with friends is one of the more enjoyable ways to spend an afternoon.
A great addition to any mezze platter is Lisa’s new Smokey Hummus. I love smoke and I love hummus but I’ve never tasted a smokey hummus before now. The smoke is subtle, not overpowering at all. The cream and lemon notes go beautifully with other mezze ingredients.
I love the process of picking out the next morsel and combining items together. You curate every mouthful. Pick. Bite. Select. Down the hatch. Flavour, texture and colour go a long way. You don’t have to think too hard because everything on a mezze platter plays well together. You can have a different item for every bite or focus all your attention on cheese. No judgement.
Inspired by the mezze platter and Lisa’s Smokey Hummus, I’ve created these Smokey Mezze Bagels. There’s smoke, crunch, salt, sweet and tang in every bite. I have used toasted Abe’s Everything Bagels. Everything bagels are baked with lots of toppings including garlic, onion, sesame seeds, poppy seeds and Himalayan rock salt. They have that extra somethin’ somethin’ you didn’t know you wanted. Plus, they look amazing.
This recipe uses two bagels which is great for a meal for two.
For a friend’s birthday celebration recently, I doubled this recipe to use four bagels and cut each round in half to create a 16-piece party pack. Great when you need a quick picnic platter.
Smokey Mezze Bagel
Makes 2 bagels
- 2 Abe’s Everything Bagels
- 2-3 tablespoons Lisa’s Smokey Hummus
- 1 whole marinated chargrilled capsicum, sliced
- 50 grams feta, cubed
- 6 stuffed olives, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Toast bagels and spread with Lisa’s Smokey Hummus.
- Top each half with marinated chargrilled capsicum, olives, feta and pine nuts.
Win with Lisa’s
Thanks to Lisa’s Smokey Hummus and Abe’s Bagels, I have a delicious prize pack featuring both brands to give away to one winner: 1 x bag of Abe’s Bagel Crisps and 3 x Lisa’s product vouchers.
To enter, simply comment below your favourite way to enjoy Lisa’s hummus.
Giveaway terms and conditions
- Open to New Zealand residents only
- One entry per person
- Entries close 28 June 2018 and a winner will be announced 29 June 2018, contacted by email and announced here and on social media
- In the event that the winner is not contactable within 3 days, Bunny Eats Design reserves the right to redraw a winner
Also, don’t forget to check out Lisa’s page on Facebook.