Another lovely box from The Honesty Box this week. It’s inspiring to get this bounty delivered to our door each week. I figure it’s not laziness, it’s making sure there’s plenty of nutritious stuff to eat each week.
This is a better variety than I could have picked myself. The Koala and I were both impressed at the thoughtfully paper-bagged mushrooms. They arrived in perfect condition. We had two of them with dinner on the first night.
Seasonal things come in fours, apparently:
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 4 tamarillo
- 4 feijoa
Delighted with yet another avocado. These things are having a long season this year and these tomatoes are still as good as in summer. Still, I’m finally carrying a jacket most days so soup weather is upon us.
Here’s a guide to what we’re eating this week:
- Porridge with sliced banana, chia and maple
- Fejioa and banana muffins and a steaming mug of tea
- Breakfast burrito with beans, scrambled egg, mushroom and guacamole
- Banana yogurt smoothie
- Turmeric and herb tomatoes on toast
- Chickpea, tomato and olive salad with fresh herbs and toasted sunflower seeds
- Spaghetti with roast peppers, sun-dried tomato, garlic, chili flakes and fresh herbs
- Steak sandwich with baby spinach leaves, tomato and avocado
- Fried rice with steak, onion, spring onion, egg and garlic
- Vegetable stir fry with rice noodles
- Steak with grilled portobello topped with melted cheese served with a huge salad
- Spiced Carrot and Coconut soup with buttered toast
- Chicken burritos with baby spinach, guacamole, sour cream and cheese, served with kumara fries and garlic mayo
- Lemon and herb baked chicken with kumara gratin and caramalised onions
- Roast peppers and tomato soup with gluten-free cheese and herb scones (biscuits)
Your menu is inspiring. Buon appetito!
That is a really healthy menu.
That’s an awesome haul. I love mushrooms this time of year. Lots of garlic, olive oil and salt. I really need to try a feijoa.
Oh yes you do! Do they have them over there? I have been baking feijoa muffins every week now. Once I perfect the recipe, I will post it up on here.