Thanks to The Food Show, I have a double pass to give away. Competition details at the bottom of this post.
Can you believe it’s July already? As Carli from The Enthusiastic Cook summarised the other day, “AGHHGHGHGH How can winter suck with so many fun food events coming up?!” Graze and Feast is on this Friday, Game of Rhones on Saturday, and I’ve been invited to a Cocktail Club and Zomato’s birthday bash next week.
The Food Show
Another food event on my calendar is The Food Show at the end of the month.
The Food Show Thursday 30 July – Sunday 2 August 2015 10am – 6pm (finishes 5pm on Sunday) ASB Showgrounds, Greenlane, Auckland. Early bird tickets start at a very reasonable $26 for adults. For more information, please visit their website here.
The Food Show is an accessible expo of for food. Anything you can find in a supermarket, greengrocer, booze shop or kitchen you can find at The Food Show. Look for new and innovative products, lots of tastings and show specials.
If you love looking at packaging like I do, The Food Show is a great place for it.
Live cooking demonstrations
The Whirlpool Cooking Theatre is one of the highlights. Free entry with your ticket, there will be demonstrations from cooking personalities such as:
- Annabelle White
- Nadia Lim
- Ray McVinnie
- Chelsea Winter
- Sachie Nomura
- Ruth Pretty
- Karena and Kasey Bird
…and chefs like:
- Simon Gault (Euro, Jervois Steak House, Crab Shack)
- Ben Bayly (The Grove, Baduzzi)
- Kyle Street (Depot, Federal Delicatessen)
- Gareth Stewart (Soul Bar)
- Kim Evans (Little & Friday)
- Guy and Mark (Bondi Harvest)
Check out the full programme for the Whirlpool Cooking Theatre here.
Jacob’s Creek Pop-Up Eatery
If you are feeling hungry after watching the demonstrations, there will be a pop-up eatery including plated lunches from Little Bird Organics, Ripe Deli, Oceanz Seafood, Cube Catering, Thai Taste, Gables Kitchen, I Village, and more. As well as these, there are always great show specials from the many producers. I always buy an astonishing amount of cheese. Just can’t walk past a cheese bargain!
The Food Show tips:
- Avoid the queues and buy your ticket online
- Bring cash, including coins
- Bring an appetite
- Keep hydrated with a bottle of water
- Bring a sturdy bag and sensible shoes
- Leave your jacket in the car (it gets warm inside)
Extra pro tip: Most sellers will hold onto products for you to pick up before you leave. This can be particularly good if you are buying heavy items like bottles of wine and don’t want to carry them around with you.
Thanks to The Food Show, I have a double pass to give away. To enter, simply follow my Instagram page and name one food I have posted to Instagram recently.
Terms and conditions
- One entry per person.
- This competition is open to Auckland residents only.
- The winner will receive a double pass to The Food Show Auckland (valid Friday, Saturday or Sunday).
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to redeem their prize.
- Prize may not be exchanged for cash.
- Entries close Tuesday 14 July 2015. Winner will be drawn on Wednesday 15 July 2015 and contacted by email and announced here and on Facebook.